Thursday, October 1, 2009

364 Days Til the Big 3-OH!

Happy Birthday to Me! Happy Birthday to Me!

So I turned 29 today. Doesn't feel much different than 28 or 27 for that matter. Now there's just that impending 30th birthday to look forward to, which is rather ominous. But I can deal. They say 30's the new 20 right? Or something like that anyway.

Today's been off to a good start. Got up and did the normal routine (with no mention of a birthday I might add...sniff!) but when I got to work my cubicle had been decorated with streamers and balloons. That was nice.

Then I logged in to my email and there were messages from family, friends and co-workers. I think that in a 5 minute span of time I had over 35 emails come in. It just goes to show how popular I am. Of course.

Here's one from my sis:
Speaking of my sis...My sisters and I went to Seattle last weekend. Kind of in honor of my birthday, but really we just wanted to see Wicked at the Paramount and we decided to make it into a 2 day junket. We did a little bit of shopping. Little bit of eating and of course a little bit of drinking. Nothing too drastic. Just drinks with dinner (at Red Robin!) then before the show we stopped into a bar near the theater that was serving "Wicked-tinis" so we tried them. They were pretty good. I got to meet up with some great friends while I was there. If ONLY I could have spent a couple extra days, but alas I had to come home to my babies.

By the way? Wicked was....wicked! Wickedly awesome that is! I highly recommend it to you if you get the chance to see it. In honor of how totally cool it was, today's post is written in green. If you know the story, you'll understand. If you aren't familiar...get there! ASAP.

But back to the day at hand. I don't really know what the evening has in store for me. Tim is pretending not to care. "oh I totally forgot" he says in a faked shocked voice. So we'll see.

I did get flowers though! No. Not from Tim...that would have been too easy. From my good friend Rebecca. You remember her right? If not, read this. I love her for it, well I love her anyway. But... They were beautiful of course.

I have to get back to work folks. I know it's been a long time, and I'm aching to catch up too. But I should really be working. Once my internet is installed this weekend at the new place I PROMISE to write a blog-worthy post. What? I didn't tell you? We bought a condo! Surprise! More on that later. In the mean time, TA TA!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday. I'm loving being 30 - and I'm not completely sure why, but there's just something about it that I'm really enjoying. I hope 30 is as fun for you as it has been for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Angie! I'll enjoy being 29 for now. I'm not sure that turning 30 will be as hard as I envision, but it makes for good speculation. hehe. My birthday did turn out to be great, for those of you that are wondering! Dinner out with the fam was a nice surprise from my Timmy. :)

    ReplyDelete