Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy (Belated) Mother's Day

Well, I'm back. (Finally!) I know you missed me, you don't have to say it. *smiles*

Yesterday was Mother's Day and it was perfect! My babies (including my big baby: my wonderful, beautiful, caring and generous Timmy) woke me up around 7:30am by carrying in my Mother's Day surprise, a new laptop! Oh my gosh I am so excited, I finally have my very own computer that no one else can touch. Which is especially nice when Tim is in the midst of his online courses or maybe surfing e-bay for the millionth time. Truly, I'll never understand what he finds so fascinating on e-bay, but that man can spend hours there. I didn't get much of a chance to play with it through out the day because my kids wanted to play on it too, which I really wasn't ready for them to do just yet. I'd like to keep it looking and working like new for a bit longer.

After a wonderful wake up and a breakfast of toaster waffles, my little family had a relaxing morning watching what else? Cartoons. But I didn't complain because I was too busy checking out my beautiful new presents. Oh! Did I forget to mention the lovely homemade oatmeal hand soap that my wonderful kids gave me? They were little molded bars of unscented soap (one shaped like a crown and the other a butterfly). Gotta send props to my Aunt Shelly and her kids for having the patience to help my children make me a present! Thanks guys!

Around 1pm we met up with the extended family at my grandmother's place. She lives in a nursing home and doesn't get out much, so we brought dessert and gifts to her instead of making her traipse across town in the care-a-van.

Picture this: At one time or another we had (at the most) eleven people plus my two little ones crammed into a little room not much bigger than the average hospital room. On the plus side, my aunt made a spectacular lemon sponge cake with equally lemony whipped topping. Oh if only my family wasn't so large that I could have had a second piece! I love lemony desserts!

I spent a couple hours there with my kids watching other family members coming and going. We exchanged cards and gifts among the mothers in the group. My kids gave their great grandma cards they'd picked out for her and then we left. Did I tell you that yesterday was gorgeous? Not yet? Well it was. We ventured out into the sun, but only for the ride home.

I was beat, so we went home and Mother's Day, or so it seemed, was over. I cooked for my family, and myself, a Mother's Day meal of marinated chicken and mashed potatoes. All the while I was tending to my sick daughter, who's nose has been running like someone forgot to turn off the faucet! And my mouthy (testing out his new found attitude) soon-to-be four year old. But I don't mind because I love my babies as I've mentioned in numerous posts before this one. That is, after all, what that day is for right? I am a mother and this is what I do. If I didn't like it, there would be no laptop for me to play with when I get home tonight.

And so I leave you, dear readers, with a funny little video in honor of Mother's Day, this one really cracks me up:

No comments:

Post a Comment